As some of you may already know, I put myself to the A to Z Challenge for blogging during the month of April.
Basically, it required participating bloggers to do a post every day focusing on each letter of the alphabet. Sundays were the only excluded days. As you can imagine, this was a lot of work.
So, what really compelled me to take on this challenge? Well, I have to give my talented author friend, Devika Fernando, some credit here. Last year, she took on the challenge with her blog and absolutely nailed it. Check out one of her posts here!
Therefore, this year it was with courage and a bit of fear that I said, sure, what the hell…I’ll try it too. I decided to use a rating system for each book I covered, almost like a book review but not quite the same.
To make a long story short, the experience was actually fun! 🙂 I not only got to revisit some titles on my shelf I hadn’t looked at for awhile, I also found some new books I wanted to try.
I hope you found some interesting reads as well. If you missed my A to Z Challenge posts, here they are in order:
– Awakening the Fire by Ally Shields
– Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts
– Courting the Countess by Barbara Pierce
– Devil’s Embrace and Devil’s Daughter by Catherine Coulter
– Elsewhere by Linda Lee Williams
– Face the Fire by Nora Roberts
– Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare
– Identity by Cleo Scornavacca
– Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts
– The Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts
– Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
– Martha’s Way Series by Mika Jolie
– No Longer A Stranger by Joan Johnston
– One Illicit Night by Sophia James
– Playing with Fire by Devika Fernando
– Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot
– Raising Landry by Andee Michelle
– Sisters of the Night by Linda Lee Williams
– To Tempt A Scotsman by Victoria Dahl
– Unhallowed Ground by Heather Graham
– Victory Lane by Shelly Davis
– Weather the Storm by Jean Ferris
– X-Treme Dating by Cathy McDavid
– You Make Me Feel Brand New by Chicki Brown
– Zenith Rising by Marilyn Campbell
Perhaps you’ll find some interesting romance books in there, ranging from contemporary to historical, paranormal to fantasy, comedy to multicultural, even a time travel/science fiction. It was so much fun to participate in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, to see your comments and interact with you (many thanks for the shares and reblogging!), and to check out other bloggers’ sites who were part of the challenge. Here is a full list of the 1,348 participants this year. And to do my part, here are some links to a few other blogs from the April A to Z Challenge:
Thanks again for sticking it out with me during the challenge. I’m always happy to see some friendly faces around here. Please stay tuned for future posts on any random thoughts about love, articles or advice on romantic relationships…
and, as always – our favorite topic – learning about new romance authors and their book releases!
Have a wonderful May, everyone! 😀
10 thoughts on “A to Z Reflections”
What a wonderful accomplishment, for you this year and for Devika the last. Proud of you both! And thanks so much for including two of my novels on your blog. I’m humbled and honored. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
My pleasure, Linda! Thanks! 🙂
Congrats on a successful first attempt! I would love to see your 26 posts grouped by rating – 5 hearts together, then four, etc. 🙂
BTW I’m compiling a Listly of participants who have written a recap. Enjoy! http://list.ly/list/17Wd-2016-a-to-z-challenge-wrap-ups
Thank you, Lissa! 😀
Reblogged this on MARSocial Author Business Enhancement group's Blog.
Fun theme! And congrats on finishing. The real question is, are you going to take the challenge next year? (So many books, so little time and all that.)
Thanks, Shonna! I’ll definitely consider doing it next year. 😉 By the way, great cover for your Spindle book!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fab reflections, I’m glad you enjoyed the challenge and found some new books and blogs to read 🙂 I enjoyed you’re grading system!
Thanks, Debbie! 😀